The Organizing Committee of Virtual VietTESOL International Convention 2020 is pleased to introduce 5 pre-convention workshops which are hosted by faculty members of The University of Foreign Language Studies - Da Nang University and conducted online at http://convention.viettesol.org on October 15 2020.
- RE-THINKING TEACHERS’ DIGITAL COMPETENCE AS A FACTOR FOR ONLINE TEACHING IMPROVEMENTS by Mr. Ho Quang Ha, Senior Lecturer of English and the admin for the e-learning system of the English Department - The University of Foreign Language Studies - Da Nang University.
In this workshop, “some authentic online activities and teaching practices will be presented and demonstrated to help teachers have a more insight into their online teaching so that they can improve their virtual classes to meet the demands of online teaching in the post-COVID 19 periods.”
- APPLICATION OF MIND MAPPING TECHNIQUES IN EFL CLASSROOMS by Trang, T.H. Ngo, Van, T .H. Tang and Thuan, H. Tran
In this workshop, how mindmaps, especially electronic ones, are utilized during presentation, practice, and production will be clearly instructed.
- INITIATIVES IN TEACHING AND LEARNING ENGLISH FOR TOURISM AT UNIVERSITY OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE STUDIES – THE UNIVERSITY OF DA NANG by Le Van Ba and Do Thi Duy An from Faculty of English for Specific Purposes – University of Foreign Language Studies – The University of Da Nang
The workshop will focus on the “initiatives or innovative methods in teaching and learning English for tourism. To be more specific, it will concentrate on developing the writing skill in tourism English classrooms and integrating intercultural competence development into tourism English classrooms in the enhancement of learners’ intercultural competence.”
- INNOVATIONS IN TEACHING AND LEARNING ESP AT UNIVERSITY OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE STUDIES – THE UNIVERSITY OF DA NANG by Le Van Ba, Le Bao Ngan and Nguyen Tran Uyen Nhi from Department of English for Specific Purposes – University of Foreign Language Studies – The University of Da Nang
This workshop will introduce three different initiatives: Career – Orientation Fieldtrip and Academic Exchange Programmes, the utilization of Flipgrid as an online forum and the effectiveness of CLIL (Content Language Integrated Learning) in providing students with ESP knowledge in some English specialized modules.
- TESTING AND ASSESSMENT IN ESP TEACHING AND LEARNING by Nguyen Thi Cam Ha, Nguyen Thu Hang and Tran Van Thanh from Department of English for Specific Purposes – University of Foreign Language Studies – The University of Da Nang
This workshop is aimed at providing “teacher trainers with possible ways to improve and enhance teachers’ evaluation of students’ performances in the teaching and learning of English for Specific Purposes (ESP).”
To register, please sign in your account then register at : https://viettesol.dryfta.com/attendees/attendee-registration-tickets/register/tickets by October 14.