The Organizers of VietTESOL International Conference in Ho Chi Minh City, December 7-8, 2018 have extended the abstract submission deadline to November 7, 2018. This will keep the door open for Vietnamese and foreign English language teaching professionals who are looking for an opportunity to present, alongside with famous scholars, at an quality international conference on English language teaching in Vietnam. Submissions will be accepted online at http://conf.viettesol.net. There are funding opportunities for K-12 teachers and university teachers from outside of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Inspiration and Success for All Learners
HCMC University of Education
December 7, 2018 – December 8, 2018
Co-organized by Ho Chi Minh University of Education, National Foreign Languages Project and VietTESOL Association, the 4th VietTESOL 2018 International Conference is held at HCMC University of Education, Vietnam. Alongside VietTESOL International Convention 2018 in Hanoi (https://viettesolassociation.org), this conference is an effort to build capacity for language teaching and learning in Vietnam.
The primary aim of “THE FOURTH INTERNATIONAL VIETTESOL CONFERENCE: INSPIRATION AND SUCCESS FOR ALL STUDENTS” is to provide a forum to exchange research findings, ideas, resources and methods of English language teaching for Vietnamese teachers of English. The second aim is to join the National Foreign Languages Project in renovating the English curricula, teaching methods and technologies as well as in improving language competency of Vietnamese learners of English. The third aim is to offer the opportunity for Vietnamese researchers and practitioners in TESOL to network and form a community of practice throughout the country. This conference is one of the many initiatives within a strategic planning scheme towards sustaining the annual international VietTESOL conference in Vietnam and developing the recently established VietTESOL Association as a trusted platform for all stakeholders related to English language education in Vietnam.
- 10 August 2018: Registration opens
- 7 November 2018: Deadline for abstract submission
- 15 November 2018: Notification of abstract acceptance
- 30 November 2018: Deadline for registration
- 1 March 2019: Deadline for full paper submission
Title of Presentation
The title must:
- not exceed 15 words (each part of a slashed or hyphenated word counts as one word);
- not include presenters’ names, institutions, or titles of their published works;
- capitalize all verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs, and pronouns; do not capitalize conjunctions, articles, or prepositions of fewer than four letters;
- capitalize both terms of hyphenated compounds and the first word after a colon.
Your abstract will appear in the Conference Program. It must therefore accurately reflect the content of your presentation. Your abstract length should be between 150-250 words. Abstracts may be edited by VietTESOL editors. The abstract must:
- not exceed 250 words;
- not include presenters’ names, institutions, or published works;
- not include unfamiliar acronym(s) or abbreviation(s).
How to submit your abstract?
1. Create an account (Link)
2. Log in and then submit abstract (Link)
3. Finish registration and download invitation letter (Link)