The VietTESOL International Convention 2018 Organizing Committee is pleased to offer grants to support Vietnamese teachers of English to attend the Convention. The grants are made possible thanks to the sponsorship by the Regional English Language Office, U.S. Embassy Hanoi and other sponsors. These grants are to support participants who work in diverse contexts of English language teaching and have potentials to make an impact on their communities of practice. All grants will cover at least the convention registration fees (VND1,000,000) and/or transportation and accommodation expenses. The number of grants will depend on availability of funds contributed by our sponsors. We plan to offer as many as 50 grants for presenters and participants in VietTESOL International Convention 2018.
- Current registrations with requests for financial support will also be considered for these grants at the same time with new registrations. That means if you have already registered for the Convention and requested for financial support to attend, you DON'T need to re-register or submit a new registration.
- Successful grantees are required to pay for their expenses themselves in advance and get the reimbursement at the conference.
Grants are needs based and open to all Vietnamese presenters and participants in VietTESOL International Convention 2018. However, priority will be given to applicants who:
- Have proposals accepted by the Conference Review Board;
- Teach full time at public primary schools, middle schools or high schools in Vietnam;
- Have paid the registration fee by 20th September 2018;
- Demonstrate strong commitment and action plans on developing English Language Teaching community in their working places.
The grant application deadline is 23.59 p.m on 20th September, 2018.
Successful grantees will be announced before 30th September, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
If you haven't registered for VietTESOL International Convention 2018 and requested financial support, please do so at http://www.tinyurl.com/vc2018registration and specify your needs for support in your registration form.