VietTESOL is delighted to announce the 4th webinar FREE ONLINE LEARNING RESOURCES, presented by Dr. Bui Thi Khoi Nguyen from An Giang University. The webinar can be outlined as:
Although the use of technology should not be the ultimate goal in and of itself (ACTFL, 2017), there are valuable technological resources that can significantly transform language learning and teaching. However, not all English language teachers can identify and have sufficient access to quality online learning resources. Information overloads, rapid changes in educational technologies, and new knowledge-acquisition modalities have also heightened the needs for a wiser selection and appropriate use of free online resources in English language learning and teaching.
Recognizing the complex and diverse nature of online learning resources, this sharing aims to focus on those that are free and effective for K-12 English language teachers’ professional development and their classroom innovation. Practical examples and a hands-on workshop will be presented for further discussion into the application of free online resources for teaching the new K-12 English textbooks. Taking a networked professional learning approach, the blended webinar will also facilitate learning with each other, from each other, and about each other through technology-enhanced and information-rich activities. By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to (1) classify essential types of learning resources, (2) clarify the importance of using online resources for language learning and teaching, (3) solve common problems in using online learning resources, (4) evaluate indicators of effective and quality online learning resources, and (5) compile a collection of free online resources for professional development, lesson planning, and English language teaching practice.
The 4th webinar entitled FREE ONLINE LEARNING RESOURCES is held from 10:00-11:30 on Sunday Feb 23, 2020. The webinar is supported with the following team
- Main facilitator: Mr. Pham Ngoc Duc (National Institute of Education Management).
- Facilitators: Dr. Dang Thi Huong Thao (Hung Yen University of Technology and Education, Hung Yen), Ms Nguyen Ngoc Anh (Viet Nam National Institute of Educational Sciences, Ha Noi), Ms Nguyen Thi Bich Hanh (Hoa Binh Ethnic Minority Boarding school, Hoa Binh), Ms Dinh Thi Thai Ha (Luong Son High School, Hoa Binh).
- Moderator: Mr. Tran Quang Nam(HCM University of Education)
- Secretary: Ms Ta Thi Mai Huong (Thai Nguyen University)
The webinar can be joined at: https://zoom.us/j/9132979798. Meeting ID: 9132979798
Here are some more details about the webinar:
- Please join the webinar 5 minutes prior to the starting time.
- Before you join the webinar
- Please ensure you have a computer (or supported mobile/ tablet device), audio speakers and/ or working headset and a good quality connection to the internet before attempting to join. Guidance on how to use Zoom for webinar attendance can be downloaded at (1).
- Get the most from your webinar experience
- You can get the most from your webinar experience by
- Trying 15 activities on this worksheet (download at (2)) before, during and after a webinar to support your professional development;
- Having a look at the pre-webinar references at (3) to better prepare for the webinar;
- Joining VietTESOL forum at (4) and discuss with our speakers, facilitators and moderators for more pre- and post-webinar activities.
- Electronic Certificate
After participating in the 90-minute webinar, you may be eligible to receive an electronic certificate! At the end of the session, we will provide a short quiz for participants to verify attendance at the webinar. Upon verification by the professional development webinar organizing committee, participants will receive an email with an electronic certificate. It may take up to two weeks for participants to receive an electronic certificate.
- Participation and Webinar Materials
Guidelines and tutorial videos instruct participants on how to prepare for the webinar. Pre- and post-webinar references provide participants with basic knowledge relevant to the topic of the webinar. These materials will be available on the VietTESOL Association website and you must register to participate on the website. If you haven't already done so,
please do so at (5).
After each event, the sharing materials and recording will be available on the VietTESOL Association website.